Senior Farm Business Consultant
Westcotts is a Top 50 + 50 Accountancy Practice and Real Living Wage Employer with around 280 team members based in 17 offices across Devon and Somerset.
We are now looking for a Senior Farm Business Consultant to join our growing Agricultural team in our Holsworthy office on a permanent basis. This is an exciting role to provide specialist advice to agricultural and farming business, helping them with technical, financial and commercial matters.
Main duties will include:
- Visiting clients to identify and evaluate their business and/ or technical requirements
- Assist clients with business planning, planning applications, government grant applications, legislative advice and new business ventures
- Collect and analyse data, crop yield and financial reports to measure performance
- Prepare or modify business or operating plans
- Plan and implement improvements for the client such as using more efficient ways to keep livestock
- Organise presentations, demonstrations, training and farm walks for clients, colleagues, partnership organisations, professional bodies and other interested groups
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with clients, colleagues and members of the public
- Write advisory leaflets, technical notes and possibly press releases and articles
- Market and promote consultancy services to new customers, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Research and keep up to date with any relevant developments in agriculture
- Carry out administrative duties, manage budgets and accounts, update information and prepare reports.
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, but the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, friendly and personable
- Resilient / able to work under pressure, multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Effective Communicator, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week
- Annual salary review
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service
How to apply
To apply for this position, please follow this link, or the below button, where you can upload your CV along with a covering letter providing information on why you feel you would be suitable for the role in particular in regards to the desired attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.