Trust & Probate
Westcotts has staff with the qualifications and experience to deal with all aspects of a deceased’s estate.
This technical knowledge is complimented by the awareness of our clients’ affairs that we have accumulated during their lifetimes and which helps to ensure that assets and liabilities are not overlooked either for the purposes of administering the estate or for making returns to the Probate Office and HM Revenue & Customs.
Our work includes:
- Gathering together details of all of the assets and liabilities of the deceased.
- The preparation of tax returns both for any periods outstanding to the date of death and for the estate administration period itself.
- Preparing forms required for the application for Grant of Probate.
- Accumulating the assets of the estate, discharging its liabilities and paying its expenses.
- Appointing the estate’s assets to the beneficiaries.
- Assisting with the setting up and running of any trusts provided for in the deceased’s will.
Get in touch with one of our specialist advisers to see how we can help your business.
The specialist sectors we can advise you on include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Charities and Not for Profit
- Company accounts
- IT Contractors
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Owner Managed Businesses
- Professional Practices
- Property and Construction
- SME Market
- Timeshare Industry
- Tourism and Leisure
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you want to achieve. With more offices in the South West than any other firm, we’re always on hand to offer face-to-face advice, opening doorways to a whole world of specialisms and services which are available to all of our clients whenever they need them.
To find your nearest office or get in touch with one of our specialist advisers, please go to our contact us page.
Promotion success for two new Directors at Westcotts
Westcotts, the largest chartered accountancy network in the South West, has further invested in its staff development with new promotions for two senior Tax Managers to Director-level. Advisors Paul Webb and Lisa Lane have both been moved up within the practice and are based at the firm’s Exeter office on Southernhay East. Paul, who is28/06/22
Thorne, Carter & Aspen
A knock on the door opened up an opportunity for two well-established local property firms to build a future together. Angus Watson, Director at letting agents Aspen Property Management Ltd in Cullompton, Devon, was working in his office when John Parkin, a director at nearby estate agency Thorne and Carter called in to ask about30/06/22
New Corporate Finance Manager brings global experience to Westcotts
Fast-growing South West firm Westcotts Chartered Accountants has expanded its team by appointing a new Corporate Finance Manager. Will Mudd brings 15 years’ corporate finance experience, gained in the UK and Australia. Will is working closely with Partner and Head of Corporate Finance Alison Watts to provide clients across the South West and beyond with29/06/22