There are between 50 and 100 cases of corporate identity fraud every month. One of the more serious examples of this is company hijacking where fraudsters change a creditworthy company’s details at Companies House using paper forms and then use the stolen company identity to obtain goods and services before disappearing, leaving the company with serious debts.
Companies House has developed Protected Online Filing (PROOF), a scheme to help companies protect themselves from this type of fraud. Westcotts offers a comprehensive company secretarial package that will also enable our corporate clients to benefit from PROOF, thus reducing their risk of corporate identity fraud.
The Westcotts Secretarial service is based in a fixed annual fee which includes the Companies House annual return filing.
As soon as you register for this service you will start benefiting from increased corporate identity security and a fixed price company secretarial service.
The service includes:
- Setting up of a secure e-filing base with Companies House under the PROtected Online Filing (PROOF) scheme
- Completion and submission of the company’s confirmation statement
- Completion and submission of forms to appoint or remove directors or the company secretary, as required
- Completion and submission of forms to change the accounting date of the company
- Completion and submission of forms to change the registered office of the company
- Optional use of our address as the company’s registered office address, for the serving of documents etc.
- The directors’ optional use of our address as a service address to ensure that their private addresses are not on the public Register
- Completion and submission of forms to Companies House in respect of any changes in shares issued by the company
- Maintaining the statutory register of the company for all matters mentioned above
- Completion and submission of the ‘People with Significant Control’ register required at Companies House
If you would like more information, please speak to your usual Westcotts contact.
The specialist sectors we can advise you on include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Charities and Not for Profit
- Company accounts
- IT Contractors
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Owner Managed Businesses
- Professional Practices
- Property and Construction
- SME Market
- Timeshare Industry
- Tourism and Leisure
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you want to achieve. With more offices in the South West than any other firm, we’re always on hand to offer face-to-face advice, opening doorways to a whole world of specialisms and services which are available to all of our clients whenever they need them.
To find your nearest office or get in touch with one of our specialist advisers, please go to our contact us page.
A knock on the door opened up an opportunity for two well-established local property firms to build a future together. Angus Watson, Director at letting agents Aspen Property Management Ltd in Cullompton, Devon, was working in his office when John Parkin, a director at nearby estate agency Thorne and Carter called in to ask about30/06/22
Leading South West accountancy firm Westcotts Chartered Accountants today announced it is further investing in its growth through the acquisition of Bridgwater-based Sully & Co Chartered Accountants. With a team of ten, Sully & Co is an established local firm and has served businesses and individuals in and around the town since 1865. The Sully29/06/22
Fast-growing South West firm Westcotts Chartered Accountants has expanded its team by appointing a new Corporate Finance Manager. Will Mudd brings 15 years’ corporate finance experience, gained in the UK and Australia. Will is working closely with Partner and Head of Corporate Finance Alison Watts to provide clients across the South West and beyond with29/06/22