We are often asked how Insolvency Practitioners are paid their fees
In the majority of cases, the Insolvency Practitioner will take his fees out of the realisation of the company’s or individual’s assets. Where there are no or insufficient assets to cover fees, the Insolvency Practitioner may ask the director or a third party to fund the procedure. In all cases, we will ensure that this is transparent before any work is carried out.
Insolvency Practitioners’ fees are highly regulated and are typically set and approved by the creditors. An independent insolvency professional body, R3, has issued the following guidance booklets relating to the various types of insolvency procedure undertaken by the Insolvency Practitioner.
Guide to fees effective from 01 April 2021:
- A creditors guide to administrators fees April 2021
- A creditors guide to insolvency practitioner fees under a voluntary arrangements April 2021
- A creditors guide to liquidators fees April 2021
- A creditors guide to trustees fees April 2021
- Shareholders Guide to Fees in Members Voluntary Liquidation April 2021
Old fee guides:
- A creditors guide to administration fees April 2017
- A guide to bankruptcy creditor fees April 2017
- A guide to liquidations creditor fees April 2017
- A guide to voluntary arrangement creditor fees April 2017
- Members’ guide to liquidator’s fees April 2017
- A guide to liquidator’s fees effective 01 Oct 2015
- A guide to administrator’s fees effective 01 Oct 2015
- A guide to trustee’s fees effective 01 Oct 2015
- A Creditors’ guide to voluntary arrangement fees pre April 2017
- Members’ guide to liquidator’s fees
- A guide to administrator’s fees pre 01 Oct 2015
- A guide to liquidator’s fees pre 01 Oct 2015
- A guide to trustee’s fees pre 01 Oct 2015
- R3 guide to creditors committees
Get in touch with one of our specialist advisers to see how we can help your business.
The specialist sectors we can advise you on include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Charities and Not for Profit
- Company accounts
- IT Contractors
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Owner Managed Businesses
- Professional Practices
- Property and Construction
- SME Market
- Timeshare Industry
- Tourism and Leisure
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you want to achieve. With more offices in the South West than any other firm, we’re always on hand to offer face-to-face advice, opening doorways to a whole world of specialisms and services which are available to all of our clients whenever they need them.
To find your nearest office or get in touch with one of our specialist advisers, please go to our ‘contact us’ page.