Keeping on top of personal tax affairs can be a time-consuming and laborious process, eating into your valuable time that could otherwise be invested in your business or time enjoying your family or retirement.
Westcotts offers a full range of compliance and advisory personal tax services to our clients to ensure you are always up-to-date with your tax affairs and that the right amount of tax is paid to HMRC at the right time.
We can help with:
- Completion of Self- Assessment tax returns to include the calculation of tax liabilities and notification of payments and due dates.
- Maximising available claims and deductions and planning to ensure maximum benefit is taken from available reliefs and allowances and reduction of your personal tax liability.
- Suggested changes that may be made to the method of extracting money from your business.
- Advice on CGT and IHT mitigation.
- Provision of financial references and support with mortgage applications.
- Support with HMRC enquires.
Get in touch with one of our specialist advisers to see how we can help your business.
The specialist sectors we can advise you on include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Charities and Not for Profit
- Company accounts
- IT Contractors
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Owner Managed Businesses
- Professional Practices
- Property and Construction
- SME Market
- Timeshare Industry
- Tourism and Leisure
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you want to achieve. With more offices in the South West than any other firm, we’re always on hand to offer face-to-face advice, opening doorways to a whole world of specialisms and services which are available to all of our clients whenever they need them.
To find your nearest office or get in touch with one of our specialist advisers, please go to our contact us page.
What is a reasonable excuse for submitting a late tax return?
If you didn’t submit your Self Assessment tax return ahead of the deadline, you may be wondering if HMRC will consider your excuse reasonable. While HMRC has recently broadened its definition of a reasonable excuse, the onus is still on the taxpayer to make their case. At Westcotts, we asked our specialist tax team what29/06/22
Promotion success for two new Directors at Westcotts
Westcotts, the largest chartered accountancy network in the South West, has further invested in its staff development with new promotions for two senior Tax Managers to Director-level. Advisors Paul Webb and Lisa Lane have both been moved up within the practice and are based at the firm’s Exeter office on Southernhay East. Paul, who is28/06/22
Accounting: 10 considerations for choosing the right firm
Choosing the right accountant is not as simple as plumping for the nearest, most expensive, or most highly reviewed firm. An accountant should help you to make smarter decisions, grow your business and most importantly relieve some of the pressures off you. We’ve gathered 10 top tips to help you in your research and guide08/06/22