The data controller is:
26-28 Southernhay East Exeter
Any reference to ‘Westcotts’ or the ‘Firm’ as Data Controller within this privacy notice also refers to the wider firm which includes ‘Westcotts (SW) LLP trading as Westcotts Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers’, ‘Westcotts Business Recovery LLP’, ‘Westcotts Financial Management Limited’ trading as ‘Westcotts Chartered Financial Planners’ and ‘Westcotts Secretarial Limited’.
Data Protection Officer
To enquire about any aspect of this document or your associated data protection rights please contact Westcotts’ Data Protection Officer:
Mr P Tigwell
26-28 Southernhay East Exeter
Devon EX1 1NS
All initial contact should be in writing (by post or email).
The CCTV data and images are under the control of Westcotts. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
Public information display
In each location in which CCTV is in use a sign is displayed which explains that CCTV is in use and the purpose for which it is in use.
CCTV system overview
CCTV is in operation in the following Westcotts Facilities
Westcotts Barnstaple office
Westcotts Ilfracombe office
Westcotts Weston-super-Mare office
Purposes of the CCTV system
Purpose of CCTV use
• Safety of Westcotts Staff and the public
• General office security
• Management of unmanned reception areas
Monitoring and recording
How is the data stored?
• CCTV images are stored electronically within the facilities. The IT equipment in which the images are stored are physically secured and are not connected or accessible to any other part of the Westcotts network.
Applications for disclosure of images
Right of access
• Where Westcotts is processing or has processed your personal data you have rights as an individual to get a copy of the information that we hold about you. This is known as a subject access request.
• For these to be managed effectively, subject access requests must be made in accordance with the guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/). All requests should be submitted to Westcotts’ Data Protection Officer.
• Failure to submit a subject access request in this format may result in the request being rejected.
Third party access
• Each CCTV system is maintained by third party contractor. The contractor has access to the data on a periodic basis throughout the year when the CCTV system is subject to maintenance. All data is retained by Westcotts and the third party contractor does not remove any data off site during the maintenance.
• Data stored may be shared with other third parties, for example Police, Insurers etc, in the event of an incident. Information shared is limited to that required for the purpose of dealing with the investigation or claim.
Access to and disclosure of images to third parties
• A request for images made by a third party should be made in writing to the Head of Security.
• In limited circumstances it may be appropriate to disclose images to a third party, such as when a disclosure is required by law, in relation to the prevention or detection of crime or in other circumstances where an exemption applies under relevant legislation.
• Such disclosures will be made at the discretion of the Data Protection Officer, with reference to relevant legislation
Retention of images
Data storage period
• Unless required for evidential purposes, the investigation of an offence or as required by law, CCTV images will be retained for no longer than 30 days from the date of recording. Images will be automatically overwritten after this point
• Images will be retained for an extended period if an incident has occurred which has led to the image being used to progress a prosecution in which case the images will be retained for as long as the prosecution is in progress plus up to a further 10 years.
Complaints or queries
• Westcotts tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
• This privacy notice has been drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Westcotts’ collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address above.
• If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, in the first instance please contact the Data Protection Officer. If the Data Protection Officer is unable to satisfactorily deal with your complaint, or you are not satisfied with our response or believe our processing of your personal data is not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner.