Exeter Office / Hybrid working
Westcotts is a Top 50+50 Accountancy Practice with over 280 team members based in 17 offices across Devon and Somerset.
We are now looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join our internal Accounts team in our Exeter office on a hybrid working basis either full or part time. As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient credit control services to both internal customers and external clients.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following:
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships to facilitate cash collections.
- Primary responsibility for sending routine customer debt correspondence, including monthly statements, chasing letters, final demands etc.
- Identifying slow moving accounts and escalating them where appropriate.
- Liaising with internal Client Partners / Directors / Managers to give and receive updates including agreement of any particular individual strategy / circumstances.
- Follow up and resolve all issues and action points identified during the collection process, and chase the prompt resolution of queries.
- Where appropriate, ongoing monthly/regular client meetings to discuss the debt.
- Completion of credit control processes.
- Submission of court applications, dealing with court queries and relevant forms.
- Maintain client notes to internal credit control records so that all internal interested parties can see current state of account.
- Assist in the management of reconciling debtors’ ledgers to rectify queries, identify and correct errors.
- Assist in the allocation of credits / cash and be accountable for cash collection figures and aged debtor levels.
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, however the list is not exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Current or previous Credit Controller experience.
- Experience in submitting court applications and dealing with court queries.
- The ability to assess issues and be assertive / firm with clients, as required.
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Analytical, methodical and numerical.
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled.
- A positive attitude, friendly and personable.
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly.
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious.
- Professional and team orientated in approach with strong negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly including credit control systems.
Terms / Benefits
- Full or Part time up to 36.25 hours / 5 days per week with flexible and hybrid working available.
- Annual salary review and regular salary reviews whilst training.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years’ service.
- Death in service 3 x annual salary.
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme.
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline.
- Flexible benefits including Buy and sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance.
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes.
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please upload your CV along with a covering letter providing information on why you feel you would be suitable for the role in particular in regards to the desired attributes, skills, experience and qualifications. Please also state your current salary (if applicable), salary expectations and available start date.