Axminster / Plymouth / Weston-super-Mare
Westcotts is a Top 50+50 Accountancy Practice and Real Living Wage Employer with over 280 team members based in 17 offices across Devon and Somerset.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Assistant to join us on a permanent full time basis in either our Axminster, Plymouth or Weston-Super-Mare office.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following:
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data using appropriate software.
- Review and verify source documents.
- Calculate and post payroll deductions.
- Process payroll by established deadlines.
- Issue statements of earnings and deductions.
- Reconcile employee deductions.
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
- Update payroll records by recording changes including auto enrolment pension, loan payments, salary increases.
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions.
- Prepare and use Brightpay connect, email and our client portal to create payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, PAYE tax and National Insurance, auto enrolment pension, leave.
- Address employee’s pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications.
- Produce HMRC payments.
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC regulations and guidelines.
- Assistance with general office administration duties from time to time.
- Working with lead partners and directors to ensure payroll billing is processed in a timely manner
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, however the list is not exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally candidates will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications:
- Qualified by experience or CIPP qualified
- Experience of payroll processing
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment preferred but not essential.
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and personable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Professional and team orientated in approach
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Brightpay, Xero, Quickbooks and Sage
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service in an office-based working environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
Terms / Benefits
- Ideally 36.25 hours / 5 days per week however part time hours / days can also be considered
- Flexible and hybrid or office working available
- Annual salary review
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years’ service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and Sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service
How to apply
To apply for this position, please upload your CV along with a covering letter providing information on why you feel you would be suitable for the role in particular in regards to the desired attributes, skills, experience and qualifications. Please also state your current salary (if applicable), salary expectations and available start date.